Friday, September 26, 2008

talking

Today I was in line at Starbucks, waiting patiently like I have been a lot lately.  They seem to be getting slower and slower every darn day.  It's such a process now to get a simple cup of coffee. Anyway, there was a girl behind me who looked more like a model than I have ever seen.  Tall, long hair, gorgeous, dressed hip (but not too hip), gorgeous skin, and everything else you would think makes up a NYC model.  Anyway, something came over me and I said "Are you a model?"  I usually don't talk to people or just blurt out questions, but I felt like I knew she was and I just had to ask.  So, then, she just stared at me with the worst look ever and simply replied..."no" and that was it.  No "Oh, don't worry about it," no polite laugh, nothing.  Just "no."  I was stunned and embarrassed.  I offended her. I really did, but I can't imagine how.  She didn't even say another word or look my way anything.  She was so bothered my comment.  I would be in heaven if someone mistook me for a model.  I was so thrown off for about 20 minutes and decided that I will never assume ever again.


No comments: