Saturday, March 28, 2009

earth hour

I actually participated in Earth Hour. Earth Hour was tonight from 8:30pm-9:30pm (why this time, I don't know...) and you're supposed to unplug and turn off EVERYTHING in honor of the ole' Earth. The Empire State Bldg. and many monuments around the world are apparently going dark. Not sure where this holiday or event came from, but what the heck.

At 8:30pm on the dot I turned off every light and unplugged as much as I could. I lit candles and then I wondered what the heck I was gonna do in the dark for an hour. So, I decided to do the dishes and turn on just one light. One light on is better than all the lights on. So, then I finished and I wondered what else I could do in the dark since I couldn't use my computer or my TV or any electronics. So, I sorted through some laundry that I have to do tomorrow and I put away some clutter lying around. Then, at about 9:15pm, I totally failed and went to my computer. I can't do it! Is that horrible?!!! So, I am sitting here (in the dark, I swear) with not one light on in my whole apartment, except my computer, typing this message about Earth Hour. Five more minutes until the lights are back on...

No comments: