Wednesday, January 7, 2009

this years color

I have always heard about there being color trends in the fashion world. 2008 was apparently the year of deep purple. 2007, I think, was yellow and so on. I don't know what it is, but my tastes for certain colors change drastically form year to year, like fashion. My all time favorite color is yellow. That will always stand. BUT, in terms of a year to year thing, this year has been all about GREEN for me. I love it- lime green, chartreuse, pastel green. Not hunter green- only bright green. Something about it can be so funky and yet so preppy too. It is such a Spring color- grass, earth, etc., but lately, I am drawn to it. I found myself designing tons of cards this year that were all green. It was kind of becoming a problem.

Before all this, I was obsessed with gray- mostly in terms of fashion- a gray t-shirt, gray scarves...just gray. It seemed right and before that, the yellow craze took me, and before that I remember my hot pink phase. I was obsessed with pink for a long time and I still am. I bought pink everything- pink iPOD, pink phone, pink clothes, pink gloves, etc. My card company's main colors are light pink and espresso brown. But one day I just wasn't in to pink as much anymore.


I don't know why, but I just love color. Does it mean anything that I used to be a pink fan and now I am a green fan? Does it say anything about society when certain colors occupy a majority of the clothes that are sold that year. I don't know what 2009 has in store as far as color. I do know that color does not go out of style. Yes, black will always be fashionable, but what distinguishes one person from the next is color. So, for now I will wear my green rain boots with my green jacket and my new green purse...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Emily- Saw your blog on facebook.I think I have checked it out before. This post was cute. I love the rain boots outfit! I love my rain boots.It is interesting how color trends happen. When I was in Paris last year yellow was everywhere,..now a year later, just as they say it happens..yellow is everywhere in the US. Your blog is cute! Do you have a separate web address for your cards? Good luck with your company this year! Hopefully it will be a prosperous and successful year for you!

Unknown said...

silly me,..I just found your link.. such a great website! congrats on being in the stationary show!